Born in Los Angeles, I spent most of my formative years getting an education and early work experience in Southern California.
I earned B.S. and Master of Business Administration degrees from California State University, Long Beach. I aspired to be an investment banker, so specialized in finance. But, a caring professor sparked in me a strong interest, too, in the human side of enterprise.
My career experiences include:
• Management consultant to community-based organizations in Seattle and Portland helping poor, underemployed workers get jobs and succeed.
• City of Seattle: Assistant Director, Department of Human Resources; Executive Director, Seattle City Council: and Director, Office of Management and Budget.
• Management consultant, KPMG (among the largest public accounting firms).
• Business entrepreneur for 30+ years, helping large corporations hire, train and retain the best people, and excel in customer service. Clients included: Alaska Airlines, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Marriott Hotels, Hilton Hotels, Target Stores, and Wal Mart stores, and several health care companies. Eventually, I sold my company to a competitor, Kenexa Corporation, which was later acquired by IBM.
• Residential real estate broker, Coldwell Banker Evergreen Olympic Realty since 2010.
My strong suits:
• Exceptional client service—by learning thoroughly each client’s goals and working hard to help achieve them.
• Financial analysis
• Negotiating for win-win outcomes
Achievements in real estate:
• Certified Residential Specialist: top 3% of Realtors nationally
• Top 10% sales volume Thurston County, 2016
• Silver Society: top 17% of Coldwell Banker agents internationally
• Senior Real Estate Specialist
• Broker Price Opinion Resource
• Senior Services for South Sound: Board of Directors and HR Committee
• Tumwater Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
• South Sound Business Promoters Chapter of BNI (Business Network International): Immediate Past-President; currently Growth Coordinator
• Past president, Capitol City Golf Club Estates Homeowners Association
• Reading (mostly fiction, but also history)
• Golf and poker
• Small, engaging dinner parties
• Laughing with good friends